Tuesday, July 28, 2009

From Sweden with Love.

Last week, the Contemporist had a great post about the Creators Inn in Stockholm, Sweden. The hotel offers free accommodations for visiting artists, musicians, designers, writers, and other creative folk. And if all that creative energy running through the hotel isn't enough to get one's artistic juices flowing, check out the minimal yet warm space (I'm drooling over the console and the map wall art).






One of my favorite parts of the design is the work/desk area. I've been struggling to figure out a way to turn a long closet we have into a functioning workspace and I think I found my starting point. I love the long counter top for all my crafting crap and the cork board wall to hang all the cards, posters, paper scraps and photographs I collect along the way. I'll definitely need to add some shelves and drawers, but I've finally been inspired (and might add a hint of this). Phew. Now I just need to clean out that god forsaken junk ridden hellhole also known as our closet.



The Creators in is set to open on August 1, 2009, which might work with our schedule for our next trip to Stockholm (sometime between August 1 and never). My closet, well, now that's a whole other story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin