Monday, June 22, 2009

Inaugural Post.

Oy vey...the pressure of writing an amusing and profound first post is overwhelming. But I guess I will give it a go.

I've been doing some form of graphic design since I was a child. I still remember how meticulously I hand painted campaign signs for Student Council president in the 6th grade (which I won by the way). I was always mildly obsessed with photography and art, but beyond lettering and layout I wasn't very good at making things.

When I landed a job at a largely understaffed dot com in LA after college, I started playing with Photoshop, Dreamweaver and Flash. This was after they had to let go of the design staff and shortly before my paychecks started bouncing. I continued to teach myself the programs and eventually went back to school to take some classes to further my knowledge. Nothing like community college classes to boost your design self esteem.

Fast forward a couple of years...I fell in love with an amazingly gifted (yet technologically and design challenged) artist, moved to San Francisco and got married. Hence, "The Wife of an Artist." Because you really needed that explanation.

So lately, I've been dabbling in design with paper and freelancing via my wedding invitations and other invitations. I continue to be my husband's handy assistant while basically designing everything that has anything to do with letters or computers or paper (or looking pretty). And since I just finished designing his website (and giving credit to myself on about 10 different things) I figured I'd might as well start my own.

I'm warning that posts will probably come out fast and furious at first as I update the blog with past designs. Then they will probably calm down with the occasional rant about how I spent 13 hours in the hubby's studio and all I got as a reward was gel medium on my favorite jeans. And when I'm bored, I might just discuss food or running or whatever I want because it is my blog after all.

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin