Monday, June 29, 2009

I Heart OK.

Most of you probably know Orla Kiely for her prints and bags that seem to be in the possession of every good hipster girl in SF. I don't begrudge her that because I love her, her prints and her ubiquitous nature. But did you know she has a line of clothing as well...a line of really f-ing cute clothing...a line of really f-ing cute clothing that I desperately need. No, seriously. I need it. Apparently I have a fear of prints so I'm trying (and failing) to introduce prints into my wardrobe. Example of the fear: went to Forever 21 the other day to buy a cute new shirt with a print to wear to some gallery thingamajig and what did I end up buying? A solid. As usual.

On an aside, that will be the last time I ever set foot into Forever 21. A lovely high created when a nice girl at Sephora thought I was younger than her (even though I was four years older!) was quickly crushed as I stepped into Forever 21. I swear I could have been the mother of some of these girls. And in good motherly fashion, I bought the only shirt in the store that looked like something Bea Arthur might have worn because everything else would've made me look like I was, well, trying to be 21. I'm never going back...because I can always just shop on their website. Ha!

Back to Orla. These dresses and coat won't make me look like I'm trying to be 21 at all. Instead, I'll look like an effortlessly chic fashionista...who can also throw down $500 (instead of $15) on a summer dress. I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen...maybe she'll do a fashion line for Target? Please!


I also kind of think I need this bag (you didn't know she has awesome leather bags too, did you?).


P.S. Is it bad that I sort of dislike the model simply because she vaguely reminds me of Olivia from The City? Or is it worse that I actually watch The City...and you know who I'm talking about?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin