Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Art in Storefronts.


Chris' storefront (as it is currently) at 144 Taylor Street.

On October 23rd, the San Francisco Arts Commission will unveil 13 projects along Market Street and Taylor street that are seeking to transform vacant storefronts into exciting public exhibition spaces displaying installations by local artists. The program is an attempt to revitalize the areas most heavily affected by the current economic downturn.

Chris, along with photographer Billy Mitchell, were given a space that they will use to highlight the Tenderloin's connection to boxing. Of course this means that my husband will be M.I.A. for the next couple of weeks, but there are worse reasons for him to be missing considering SFAC's project was even featured in Time Magazine.

If you are in San Francisco on October 23rd, mark your calendars and keep the time between 5pm and 7pm open. From what I've seen, there are some amazing artists taking part in this exciting project. There will be a reception and remarks at 989 Market Street followed by a public celebration that evening. And as always, there will be plenty of after pictures here.

1 comment:

  1. That is such a neat project! I wish I lived in SF so I could come see it. However, I may be moving there next summer for grad school (fingers crossed).

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin