Thursday, October 29, 2009

All Clear.


Photo of the empty Bay Bridge on-ramp.


Yesterday, I had the opportunity to photograph a designers' showcase in one of San Francsico's premiere condo projects. The rooms were amazing, blah, blah, blah, but the most awe-inspiring part was the ridiculous view from 52 floors up...especially when looking at the empty Bay Bridge and the quiet streets in the City.


Photo of the Bay Bridge and one lonely van.

If you don't live in the Bay Area, you probably don't know that the major artery into San Francisco from the East Bay (Berkeley, Oakland, etc.) is closed because a giant tie rod snapped on the bridge. Fun, right? The streets are now eerily quiet and I am incredibly thankful I don't commute into the city everyday.

5 comments:

  1. Just found your blog and am loving it! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, these photos are so gorgeous - I love the retro faded colour of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I used an action I downloaded from Pioneer Woman called "Seventies." It's my go to action on photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great photos. it's so strange to see the bridge so empty (or from this view at all)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh yes, I had read about the bridge closing. I have the biggest phobia of such bridges, and when I was in San Fran about 8 years ago I nearly had a panic attack when my friend drove me over the Bay. I'm getting panicking just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin