Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Restoring My Good Name.

I know what you're thinking, "This website is called 'The Wife of an Artist'...so where's the artist husband?" You are not alone. I've been wondering the same thing considering I've seen Chris all of 4 hours since Saturday morning. Last night, I was actually able to peel him away from his work for a couple of hours to go get dinner by promising to perform manual labor in return.

Chris has entered another one of his "OMG...how the hell are you going to find the time to get all of this done?" phases which makes the role of the wife of the artist that much more prominent. Be prepared for upcoming rants about last minute deadlines (phrased as "Hey, so I'm gonna need you to do ____ tonight), late nights at the studio and a complete lack of any quality time together.

The husband has two proposals due on August 14th, a giant site-specific mural installation on August 22nd, a show opening (with a brand new piece) on September 9th and yet another show on September 19th all while teaching two different summer art intensives. Oh joy. The best part is that this all runs parallel to some major deadlines I have at work. Why does it always seem to work this way?

I'll post more about the other shows as they get closer, but in the meantime mark your calendars to see his murals on display at both entrances of the San Francisco Street Food Festival!



The festival is on August 22nd from 11am - 7pm on Folsom between 25th and 26th Streets and it is going to be awesome! Just of a few of the vendors named so far are Absinthe (home of Jamie Lauren from Top Chef), Bi-Rite Creamery, Delfina, Heaven's Dog (I hope they are serving their pork belly buns), La Mar Cebicheria and Poleng Lounge. All proceeds will benefit La Cocina, an incubator kitchen for minority women. Come check it out for the delicious food, the worthy cause and the exceptional art (you'll probably even see some of my mind blowing painting skills...see that big black area over there...that was me!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin