Thursday, August 27, 2009

Design Crush.

The screen printed vintage ceramics by Nina from the Netherlands, or ninainvorm as she goes by on her blog, have been all over the interweb lately. Proclamations of adoration are streaming from the likes of ish and chi and elephantine and decor8. And just like every girl wishes she could emulate Zooey Deschanel's style (and her quirky charm and heavy bangs. I'll admit, total girl crush), I wish I could pull off Nina's impeccable use of color and design.

If you think her ceramics are great, check out her house. I can only dream of being that fearless with pigments and prints (yep, still scared of them).

P.S. Hi Nina! Next time I'm in the Netherlands, I'll ring you up so we can go sift through all your local antique and thrift store goodness! I need the help of your eyes to unearth the hidden treasures.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh I love Nina too! I've often spent many, many minutes drooling over her home. :)

    P.S. I've just added you to my google reader! It's nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So obviously, I love her work too. But I hadn't seen photos of her house before... wow, the color! It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin