Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The More. The Merrier.

After the debacle that was dumplings, I decided to return to my comfort zone in the kitchen...cooking. And since I still had a LGCA recipe for Meyer Lemon Grain Salad with Asparagus, Almonds and Goat Cheese from The Kitchn that I had yet to try, the time was right to make some dinner.

I ended up making a few minor modifications to the original recipe. I added shrimp because Chris is obsessed, like could eat it for every meal of every day obsessed, which makes me think we should get his cholesterol checked. I also omitted the walnut oil and almonds because the husband is allergic to nuts and I didn't feel like taking a trip to the emergency room that night. Oh, the things I do to my recipes for love.

Here's a quick tip...learn from my mistakes: if you want the cheese to not melt all throughout the dish (it's still very good that way though), be sure to let the grains cool for a bit. Otherwise, this was a very satisfying dinner and even better as leftovers the next day.


Shrimp marinating in olive oil, sea salt and fresh black pepper.


Trader Joe's Harvest Grain Blend almost ready.


Shrimp grilling on the stove top cast iron grill.


Asparagus cooked to just crisp tender.


Voila! So, I like goat cheese. Sue me. It was melted throughout but I still felt the need for a bit more on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin