Thursday, July 2, 2009

Ich Bin ein Berliner.

The husband has been talking about visiting Berlin for years. And by "visiting Berlin," I mean moving to Berlin. Did you know Berlin is where the contemporary art scene is thriving? If you were married to an artist you would. And since I am, I hear it all the time. But perhaps we should visit before we commit to moving to a foreign country to which neither of us have ever been and to which only one of us can barely count to 5 in its native tongue. There I go again being practical...so typical.

Although no trip is currently planned, I do know where we will be staying when we visit Berlin (once again Apartment Therapy saves the day). Scheduled to open on September 9th, the Michelbergerhotel is the budget hotel for those with student budgets and refined tastes. Now I don't know how you function when you visit a city for the first time, but I am rarely in the hotel room. Normally I am out and about exploring the city so the room isn't of the highest importance, but wouldn't it be nice to come back to a room that looked like this:





The hotel's website (which you should totally check out by the way since it basically kicks ass) describes the hotel as "a place that’s individual, charismatic, stylish, fun, rebellious and inexpensive, a place where anything goes, just like Berlin itself." Now that's the kind of place I'd like to stay! And with rates starting at €59 per night, this looks exactly like the type of place we will be staying until Chris becomes Mr. Moneybags.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin