Monday, April 5, 2010

Birthday Weekend. Part I.


Oh, my birthday weekend did not disappoint. Now, Bodega Bay is a sleepy town...like I think we drove through it in less than a minute, but the hotel we stayed at was fabulous with ocean views and a fireplace in our room. The restaurant there was surprisingly great and I will be craving their potato soup for months to come. Chris and my family treated me to a spa day while Chris golfed in pouring rain and crazy winds (I wish I had a picture of him when he returned...his clothes have yet to dry out).

More than all that, it was just so nice to take a nice long weekend with my husband. Not counting holiday trips to Phoenix, this is the first weekend we've spent together in a year. I kid you not. Our schedules are different and Chris is usually either working or at the studio one day a weekend (lately it's been both days). And when he's home, he's lucky if my laptop isn't attached to my lap for a whole ten minutes. I think we both learned we need to get out of town more often.






More pics to come on Wednesday. Yes, Wednesday as in two days from now.

6 comments:

  1. These photos are incredible!! Glad you had a chance to leave town for your birthday!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh happy belated birthday Jess! I've always wanted to go to Bodega Bay. I even did a post on it and how The Birds generally do flock there? Did you see any? :) Sounds like such a lovely time. I rarely get weekends with my love, so I feel for ya and I'm glad you had such a wonderful trip! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous pictures....they are so peaceful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated! And yeesh, everyone and their mothers are blogging photos of oceans. I'm dying here, why on earth am I living in the middle of the US?

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy late birthday jess!!!!!!! 32 will be a great year! such stunning photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great photos Jess - and hope you had a wonderful birthday weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin